🠈 Grantsville, Utah 🠊
With population estimates passing ten thousand, Grantsville is Tooele County's second largest town.
The first white settlers arrived in 1848 and named the area "Twenty Wells" after the salty wells of the region.
Pioneers determined the area would be ideal for grazing cattle. George D. Grant led the Navou Legion in a campaign against Goshute indians who lived in the area. The town was renamed in in honor.
The area has been growing rapidly in recent years. The growth seems to be fueled by the expanding warehouse district on the West side of Salt Lake City. The Walmart distribution center is one of the major employers in town.
- Wikipedia - Grantsville (Drawn 11/29/2017)
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next