<== Site of the Week for 2023-06-08 ==>
Top Ten Attractions in Tooele by AI
Marketers are using the term "Artificial Intelligence" for a new breed of program that is able to analyze and generate text.
These programs have access to a webcrawl. So, you can ask the AI a question. It will query the web crawl and generate text related to the query.
To test the program, I asked ChatGPT and Google Bard to list the Top Ten Attractions in Utah Counties.
These programs are a language model. The term "Tooele" is a distinct name that refers to both a town and a county. Very few people name their children Tooele. It is an ideal branding term.
Not surprisingly, both AI programs presented clean results.
This was not the case for all counties. Counties with ambiguous names like Salt Lake and Utah County had wild results.
The only surprise was that I was expecting SaltAir or The Great Salt Lake to show up in the results. Lets face it. People traveling across the country on I80 are likely to stop at SaltAir to dip toes in the Great Salt Lake. SaltAir is the most visited attraction in the county.
This is the response from ChatGPT. There were no big surprises:
- Bonneville Salt Flats: This iconic natural wonder is known for its vast, white salt flats that stretch as far as the eye can see. It's a popular destination for land speed racing and photography.
- Tooele Valley Railroad Museum: Located in Tooele City, this museum showcases the rich history of railroads in the region. It features restored train cars, exhibits, and artifacts.
- Oquirrh Mountains: These majestic mountains dominate the landscape of Tooele County and provide opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking, and rock climbing.
- Deseret Peak Complex: Situated near Grantsville, this multipurpose complex offers recreational activities like camping, fishing, boating, and hiking. It also hosts various events throughout the year.
- Tooele County Fairgrounds: The fairgrounds host the annual Tooele County Fair, which includes rodeos, concerts, exhibits, and a carnival. It's a great place for family-friendly entertainment.
- Benson Grist Mill: Located in Stansbury Park, this historic mill dates back to the mid-1800s. It offers guided tours, showcasing the milling process and providing insights into the area's agricultural history.
- Utah Motorsports Campus: This world-class racetrack hosts a variety of motorsports events, including car and motorcycle races, track days, and driving schools. Spectators can enjoy thrilling races throughout the year.
- Stansbury Park Observatory Complex: Operated by the Salt Lake Astronomical Society, this observatory offers public stargazing events and educational programs. Visitors can view celestial objects through telescopes and learn about astronomy.
- Historic Tooele Main Street: Tooele City's historic downtown area boasts charming buildings, unique shops, and local eateries. It's a great place to stroll, shop for antiques, or enjoy a meal in a quaint setting.
- Settlement Canyon Reservoir: This picturesque reservoir is located in Tooele City's Settlement Canyon. It provides opportunities for fishing, picnicking, hiking, and nature appreciation.
Google Bard's top attractions
The list of Tooele's top atractions from Google Bard was similar to ChatGPT.
- Bonneville Salt Flats speed records, Tooele County, Utah
- Tooele Pioneer Museum: This museum tells the story of the early settlers of Tooele County. It has exhibits on mining, ranching, and other aspects of the county's history.
- Deseret Peak Wilderness: This wilderness area is home to mountains, forests, and lakes. It is a popular spot for hiking, camping, fishing, and hunting.
- Oquirrh Mountains: These mountains offer stunning views of the Salt Lake Valley and the Great Salt Lake. They are a popular spot for hiking, biking, and rock climbing.
- Stansbury Island State Park: This island is located in the Great Salt Lake. It is home to a variety of wildlife, including waterfowl, shorebirds, and raptors. It is a popular spot for birdwatching and hiking.
- Grantsville Reservoir: This reservoir is a popular spot for fishing, boating, and swimming. It is also a popular spot for birdwatching and wildlife viewing.
- Scofield State Park: This park is located in the Oquirrh Mountains. It is home to a variety of hiking trails, camping areas, and a swimming pool.
- Tooele Valley Vineyards: This winery is located in the Tooele Valley. It offers tours, tastings, and wine dinners.
- The Museum of the West: This museum tells the story of the American West. It has exhibits on Native American culture, mining, and ranching.
- The Western Heritage Museum: This museum tells the story of the people of Tooele County. It has exhibits on mining, ranching, and the military.